Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day Philadelphia! I Hate You!


For the past few years I've tried my hardest to do my part in becoming more Green. It's influenced my decisions at work, as a homeowner and as a human. I have joined every email list, signed every petition, voted, pleaded, begged, and cursed to get Philadelphia to practice better recycling methods.
Today (Earth Day) the City of Philadelphia has shat upon those efforts with a turd of irony by invoking a $25 fine on me, Martin Brown, for failing to separate my trash from recycling, when in fact I put out my trash last night and my recycling out this morning (because there was a thunderstorm last night and I thought it inconsiderate to put out a tub of newspaper and cardboard only to get sopping wet).
Way to institute something that's broken to try and fix something that's already broken.
F you Philadelphia and Happy Earth Day!

No comments: