Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day at the Beach


We had a really fun long Labor day weekend. There was a barbeque for my softball team on Saturday. I took Connie to the driving range for the first time in her life on Sunday morning. She has decided that this could be her church. Every Sunday morning at the driving range would time well spent. She says as an adult she feels is necessary to be passable at golf. I had fun, but Dad I forgot everything you ever taught me. Let's just say I have an excellent slice. Now with couple new blisters, today we decided to head to the beach. Alison and Blair tagged along and we met up with Miriam and Tanner. A coupe of years ago when Dad was out visiting we found this awesome beach spot called El Matador. You have to walk down the cliff to the beach which is difficult for some so that thins out the crowds. On a day like to day the beaches are packed. So with our early start and remote spot we found it to be the perfect excursion. Here are a couple photos. Mom you would be proud of Connie - she got in the water and boogie boarded a couple times and the water was chilly. Now with our sunburned feet and noses we rest up for the work week. I wish everyone a happy fall- good luck with school and so forth.

3 comments:

Berryville Brat said...

yeah, I remember that beach. Looks like a great day.

Berryville Brat said...

yeah, I remember that beach. Looks like a great day.

Martin said...

That beach does look nice. I only get to go to the beach once this summer and it's this weekend. September. Where did my summer go? Trust me the Jersey shore isn't exactly southern California either. I need to hit up the driving range soon as well.