Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Meal. Check

So I did it. About 8 hours of prep on Wednesday, countless recipe look ups, two extra guests (roommate and his girlfriend), a 9 lb turkey, two stuffings and 12 mini pies. Everything was great. Looking forward to taking it up a notch for next year. Got to try to track down Jose Garces and see if he will give me some lessons.

Successful golden brown free-range turkey with hamburger stuffing

12 mini pies in 8 0z canning jars - pumpkin, apple cream and cherry.



2 comments:

TheBitterRedhead said...

Yay! Congrats - I knew you could do it. Connie and I decided we want to do more of the cooking next year, I call you for tips and tricks.

Emily B said...

Yes! Success! Who knew you were such a culinary genius. Guess I might have to come and eat at your house sometime!