Monday, January 5, 2009

Mummer's Parade


I partook of many a Mummer's festivity this year with Eleanor, Eleanor's visiting friend Jackie and Sarah. For those of you that don't know what a Mummer is, there's really no way to explain it other than to come to Philly for New Years. This year I did my first visit to 2nd Street where Mummer's return to their clubhouses after hours of partying, parading and heavy drinking. This basically puts Mardi Gras in New Orleans to shame (minus the boobs because it's January and absolutely freezing). Enjoy my flickr album of the best of the Mummer's Day Parade for a taste of Philly. 

2 comments:

Emily B said...

This looks awesome! Maybe this is when Kyler and I need to come out there to visit!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.